‘Rishikesh’ – The heart of every Hindu leaps to divine heights the moment he hears this name. The purifying presence of Divine Mother Ganga, the still majesty of the Himalayas and the blessings of innumerable saints and sages who have done tapas in this holy land…all these make Rishikesh special. For a sincere seeker, spending a few days in such a spiritually-charged kshetram and taking part in a satsang by an illumined master is invaluable.
With Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi’s grace and Sri Nochur Acharya’s blessings, a satsang is being envisioned in this holy city of Rishikesh. This jnāna yajña (seven-day satsang) is planned by the banks of Ganga Mata, from April 4-11th 2023, with Sri Nochur Acharya gracing us as the Yajnacharaya.
This satsang will be held on the banks of Ganga Mata in front of Parmarth Niketan Ashram.
Sri Nochur Acharya’s much-awaited commentary (English) on the Bhagavad Gita will be released during Rishikesh Satsang.
Accommodation has been arranged in two ashrams — Parmarth Niketan and Vanaprastha Ashram, which are close to each other.
Satsang venue is on the banks of Ganga Mata and is a short walk from both the Ashrams. For the convenience of devotees, e-rikshaws have been arranged between the ashrams at no extra cost.
There are 2 types of rooms to choose from:
- Cooler/AC Rooms (can accommodate ~825 devotees)
- Non-AC Rooms (can accommodate ~175 devotees)
All rooms have western toilets. These ashrams do not have lift facility and hence we will make our best efforts to allocate rooms based on the needs of the devotees (e.g., those who have difficulty in climbing stairs will be allocated rooms on the ground floor as much as possible).
Most of the rooms have 2 beds with an option of adding an additional mattress. We are unable to provide single occupancy rooms, given our constraints.
Rooms will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis and will be communicated by March 25th.
Accommodation has been arranged for 7 days — from 4th April, 12 PM to 11th April, 10 AM. If you reach earlier on 4th, ashrams may give you rooms if they are available (this is not guaranteed). Else, you will be asked to store your luggage in their cloak rooms and return at Noon.
More information will be sent to you after the rooms are allocated.
If you plan to stay in Rishikesh before 4th April or after 11th Apr, please arrange for your own accommodation.
In Rishikesh, the average historical high temperature in April is 33-degrees.
- South Indian food will be served 3 times a day, besides coffee and tea.
- Food will be served in a dining area inside Vanaprastha Ashram from 4th April
(Lunch) up to 11th April (breakfast). Packed lunch will be given on 11th along with
Devotees need to make their own travel arrangements to reach Rishikesh.
Nearest railway station is Haridwar and is well connected from major cities.
The nearest airport is Dehradun and daily flights are available from major cities.
Transportation from Airport/Railway station to Ashrams/hotels:
It takes about 45 minutes from the airport to the Ashrams.
Indicative costs (a/c cars) from Dehradun airport or Haridwar railway station to the Ashrams:
- Rs. 1,300 for sedan like Dzire, Rs. 2,000 for Innova, Rs, 3,500 for Tempo Traveller
Indicative costs (a/c cars) from New Delhi to the Ashrams:
- Rs. 5,000 for sedan like Dzire, Rs. 7,000 for Innova, Rs, 16,000 for Tempo Traveller
You may contact Sri. Kapil directly at 97604 81212 to arrange pickup/drop off. He speaks English and Hindi. If you would like to share the ride with other devotees, you may request him and he has promised to make best efforts.
Alternately, pre-paid cars are also available at the airport and the railway station.
List of items to bring
- Steel Plate & Tumbler for food, water and coffee
- Torch light
- 3-way socket for mobile charger
- Rope & Clip for drying cloth
- Bring electric kettle if you want to make coffee or tea in your room
Devotees can plan to visit holy places in and around Rishikesh – Ashrams in Rishikesh, Dev
Prayag (confluence of Bhagirathi and Alakananda), Vasishta Guha and more.
Please read all the information given in sections Stay and Transportation and Registration Info before proceeding with registration.
Start your registration
Registration cost is per person and is based on the type of room chosen.
|Type of room||Registration Cost per person*|
|Cooler/AC rooms||Rs. 15,000|
|Non-AC rooms||Rs. 12,000|
How to register?
Please click on REGISTER section above.
Please be ready with the following before you start registering:
- A google email ID – This is mandatory for registration. Please do only one registration per email ID.
- Credit/Card or Debit Card if you plan to pay online using a card
How to pay for registration?
At the time of registration, you can choose one of the following payment methods:
- CC Avenue Payment Gateway to pay with Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- NEFT Transfer
If you select CC Avenue payment gateway:
- Bank charges of 2.36% for this service will be added on to the registration cost
- Registration will be confirmed immediately
If you select NEFT Transfer:
- You will be issued an account number in HDFC Bank, created only for your registration
- Please transfer the total registration cost to this account using your online banking facility or from your bank branch.
- HDFC bank users must use Transfer to e-CMS account facility to transfer to this account.
- Banks do not charge any fee for NEFT transfers
- It will take up to a week for us to confirm receipt of your transfer and to confirm the registration.
We do not accept cash or cheques.
Devotees from abroad will need to use cards issued in India as we are unable to accept transfers from a foreign country.
Cancellations & Refunds
We understand that devotees may want to cancel for many reasons. Though we would have liked to refund the entire Registration amount, we are constrained by the up-front cost commitments. Hence, cancellation fee will be as listed below:
If you provide a replacement for your cancelled registrations, there is zero cancellation fee and the entire registration amount will be refunded. Room allocation, if already done, will remain the same.
If you are unable to find a replacement and if the cancellation date is:
- On or before January 31, Rs. 1,000 per person will be deducted
- For example, if you have chosen Cooler/AC rooms, Rs. 14,000 per person will be refunded
- Between February 1 and 22, Rs. 5,000 per person will be deducted
- On or after February 23, no refund will be given
- Devotees who want to do Annadanam in this punya-kshetra, may contribute Rs. 10,000 or multiples thereof.
- Devotees who want to encourage Vedapatashala children from Sri Ramana Maharshi Brahmavidyasrama (run under the spiritual guidance of Sri. Nochur Acharya), may contribute Rs. 8,000 or multiples thereof. This will be used towards the transportation, food and accommodation of these children.
Email us at email@example.com
Call the volunteers at 82486 00367 or 88385 90649 between 9 AM – 12 PM and 3 PM – 5:30 PM. If they are not reachable, please send a Whatsapp message and they will respond back at the earliest.